To manually update the firmware, put the new firmware named as
update.zip onto the root directory of the microSD card.
Then do this: (found at androidspin.com)
- power off the phone
- hold down the trackball and press the Power button.
- you'll get a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards → select Bootloader
- now select Recovery
- the phone will reboot showing a robot and a warning sign
- now press Power and Volume up together (if it doesn't work the first time, try again)
- now choose Apply sdcard:update.zip (use trackball!)
- wait for it to finish
- choose Reboot now